Today I bring you a card using another image from Make it Crafty this time it is Melody – I have used the Digi version of this image but she is also available as a rubber stamp as well. The cushion she is sitting on comes a separate file if you purchase the digital version. I have used this cushion for other character to sit on in the past.
I have used my Copics to colour her in and I have followed along with the Make it Colourful Challenge – Blending outside Colour Family. The hair I found was easier to do than the cushion. The hair I combined both Rs & Es and then I did BG’s & B’s but I was challenged to add a Y to the shadows. I took the plunge and I’m glad I did – I am happy with how it turned out.
To make up the card I used #199 sketch from Freshly Made Sketches and I also used up a whole lot of paper from my stash and left over pieces. I love finding uses for these in my projects.
Thanks for stopping by to look at my project. Please leave me a message in the comments and let me know what you think.
Challenges I am entering
Make it Colourful Challenge – Blending outside the Colour Family
Freshly Made Sketches #199
I am sharing with you a card that I have made to put into the August CAS Challenge brought to us by the Make it Crafty. The challenge this month is to make a card with a Cropped image. On this card I have used 2 images Jacinta Sitting Pretty Dress Digi and Pretty Swing Digi. I decided to make it look like I had taken a close up image of Jacinta sitting on the Swing and then I coloured the image in with my Copics.
I really hope that you liked my entry and if you would like to give me some encouragement or some ideas how I could improve next time please leave a comment below. I would also really appreciate it if you would like my post so I can see that you have stopped by. Thanks for stopping by, may the near future find you enjoying some crafty times.
Today I am sharing with you my new Crochet Handbag, I made this bag by using the instructions (please find it here) from on the Ravelry website.
Here is a picture of the original bag
As you can see from my photo I changed out the handles. I was a little worried about the original design of the handles as I am planning on using this bag for everyday use. So instead of sewing them just under the rods I made a longer one that could go all the way under around the bag. I also used 4 of my favorite buttons because they have a lot of meaning for me instead of 4 the same.
Here is a picture of the inside. I sewed a lining for the bag which included pockets. These pockets are made to fit items that I was always losing in the bottom of my old bag, now I can find them a lot easier now.
Thanks for stopping by my blog today to look at my project. If you have liked this please give this post a like and I hope you will come back again soon to see what else I have been up to.
If you have found me here from my other blog welcome to my new blogging home.
Also welcome to my blog if you are new to my home.
As you can see I have only just started this new blog up but I definitely hope to be around on here more now that life is a little more stable.
Please join me in my continuing crafting adventures in my new blogging home.